Huckleberry offers affordable and accessible mental health services – no one is turned away for inability to pay. As a Medi-Cal provider site, we offer services at no fee to those with full-scope Medi-Cal. In addition, we have an adjustable sliding scale that slides to $0, depending on income and circumstances.
Huckleberry counseling and behavioral health staff, integrated into every one of Huckleberry’s programs, provide assessment, crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy to youth and young adults. Huckleberry is committed to providing accessible, culturally competent, effective mental health services and to reducing barriers and the stigma of seeking mental health services. Through a new State contract to enhance services for child abuse victims this year, Huckleberry significantly increased psychotherapy capacity at all Huckleberry sites.
To start counseling services for yourself or your family, please call 415.621.2929.
Huckleberry’s Adelante program supports youth and young adults as they strive to reduce or eliminate substance use and abuse in their lives. Adelante means “Moving foward” in Spanish and that is the ultimate goal of the program: to help youth move toward a healthy, balanced life with positive coping strategies, goals and plans for their future, and supportive relationships.
Adelante components include:
- Outreach to youth and young adults who may be at risk for substance abuse.
- Screening for substance abuse through several of our program components.
- Assessment by a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor.
- Brief Intervention for youth/young adults who are using substances periodically and wish to reduce or eliminate use.
Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment for youth and young adults who have developed a dependency upon substances and are appropriate for a Level one outpatient program via individual, group and/or family sessions.
Referral and Linkages to more intensive treatment as indicated, educational, employment, health and pro-social activities.
The Huckleberry Youth Multi-Service Center in Marin is a State certified general outpatient adolescent substance abuse facility and our two full-time Drug and Alcohol Counselors provide brief intervention and substance abuse treatment. Services include individual, family, and group counseling, case management and participation in pro-social activities.
A FREE 6-week skill building and support group for parents of teens and young adults. Parent’s Turn offers effective tools and real solutions to help:
• Stop destructive teen behavior
• Deal with adolescent attitude
• End arguing with your child
• Heal family relationships
• Reinstate appropriate parental authority
• Improve your child’s grades
• Address drug and alcohol use
• Get support from other parents facing this tough job!