TITLE: Accounting Manager
RATE: $70,000 to $85,000 DOE
STATUS: Exempt FT/Temporary 6-month position with possibility of permanent
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
The Accounting Manager is an integral part of the Finance Department. This position interacts with HYP program directors for preparation of invoices and monthly financial statements and management reports.
1. Preparation of monthly/quarterly invoices for reimbursable government grants;
2. Allocation of expenses to restricted grants and contracts;
3. Grant and contract reporting;
4. Preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports;
5. Communication/consultation with HYP Program Directors;
6. Assistance in preparation for annual independent audit;
7. Assistance with A/P and A/R;
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance at all times.
2. Perform tasks and responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner in compliance with agency
policy and standards.
3. Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a
constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
4. Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times in keeping with the responsibility
carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of youth and families from diverse
5. Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times regarding financial and payroll information.
6. Highly organized, detailed oriented and able to work with minimal supervision;
7. Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with agency accounting staff.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in HYP’s Administrative Offices. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is not a position that
allows for telecommuting. The HYP Administrative Offices are located in San Francisco and are
accessible by public transportation.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files,
open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary and climb stairs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. B.A. in Accounting, or equivalent experience, required.
2. Word processing and spreadsheet proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel) required.
3. Proficiency with QuickBooks desktop required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Previous experience in nonprofit accounting and financial management strongly preferred.
2. Experience with invoicing and reporting on government grants preferred.
3. Familiarity with Abila/MIP’s Non-Profit Accounting preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
1. TB clearance
1. Must pass DOJ/FBI background check
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Huckleberry Youth Programs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal opportunity
to its employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race; color; ethnic
background; religion; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry;
age; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth, or other related medical condition; disability, including HIVrelated
conditions; or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to every aspect of employment,
including but not limited to: hiring, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation,
benefits, training and working conditions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-751-6480.