March 16, 2020
Dear Huckleberry Family,
San Francisco Mayor London Breed has issued a Shelter in Place order, suggesting people not engaged in essential services remain home starting Tuesday, March 17, through April 7, 2020.
This means community-based interventions, unless they are critical, should be rescheduled or moved online. To support a slower spread of the COVID-19 virus, all of Huckleberry facilities, with the exception of Huckleberry House (an essential service), will now be closed.
- Huckleberry House remains open, with limited staffing, as an essential service.
- Huckleberry Youth Health Center is closed starting tomorrow; Access Point personnel are working remotely from home with current clients.
- Huckleberry Advocacy & Responses Team (HART) is working with clients remotely.
- Huckleberry Community Assessment & Resource Center (CARC) is working with clients remotely.
- Project READY is working with clients remotely.
- Huckleberry Wellness Academies in San Francisco and Marin are working with clients remotely.
- The Marin Teen Tuesday Clinic is closed; youth should contact Marin Community Clinic at (415) 448-1500 for medical services. Teens calling this number are asked to be patient. When someone at Marin Community Clinic answers the call, youth should specify that they are, “a teen in need of medical services, that the teen clinic is closed, and they were told to call this number and ask to speak to a nurse.”
- Marin mental health counselors are working with clients remotely.
Douglas Styles, PsyD