Senior Academic Case Manager
TITLE: Senior Academic Case Manager
DIVISION: Huckleberry Wellness Academy – Marin
RATE: $19.26 – $21.34/Hour + $0.96/hr bilingual premium
STATUS/SCHEDULE: Nonexempt Union/FT (40 hours) Must be available for early evening and monthly Saturday shifts
SUPERVISOR: Director of Wellness Academy – Marin
Under the supervision of the Director of HWA-Marin, the Senior Case Manager is responsible for helping to recruit and support 15-20 youth to achieve academic success and enter post-secondary educational programs relating to careers within the health workforce. The senior case manager will provide comprehensive support to youth including individual academic case management, recruitment, workshop facilitation, parent trainings, curriculum development, community outreach, data collection, inter-agency collaboration, and tutoring.
- Work with the Wellness Academy team to develop, review and revise curriculum and training modules as needed introducing youth to health careers, college readiness, job skills and peer health education.
- Facilitate weekly cohort meetings with youth participants.
- Provide individual case management to participants.
- Work individually with Wellness Academy participants on issues related to grades, graduation and college entrance requirements and other academic concerns.
- Work closely with High School counselors and teachers to monitor participants’ academic performance as well as completion of a-g requirements.
- Coordinate referrals and linkages for participants as needed.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of parent support/parent outreach activities.
- Participate in weekly supervision and other program and agency meetings
- Develop, support and coordinate college liaison activities.
- Facilitate trainings and field trips for youth participants.
- Recruit youth participants for program.
- Collect data on all program activities.
- Coordinate the purchase of appropriate necessary teaching tools and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies. Strong commitment to the well-being of youth, social justice, and a positive youth development approach.
- Ability to authentically and meaningfully engage youth and work in partnership with youth.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently.
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and advocate in a collaborative process and negotiate various systems.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced environment that is frequented by youth.
- Must be able to address crisis as it emerges in an office setting as well as in the field.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times in keeping with the responsibility carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of youth and families.
This position operates out of the Huckleberry Youth Programs offices in Marin. This role routinely includes driving and transporting youth. The position also includes the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Huckleberry Youth Programs in Marin is located in San Rafael and is accessible by public transportation.
This role requires the ability to talk, hear and sit, to occasionally drive a vehicle, to be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds unassisted.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human/social services or related field.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently.
- 2 years minimum experience working with and relating to at-risk youth, low-income youth, youth of color, and their families.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of community-based agencies serving adolescents in Marin strongly preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- TB clearance
- Valid CA driver’s license & clear DMV record
- 2 years driving experience
- Must pass DOJ/FBI background check
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-751-6480.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Huckleberry Youth Programs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race; color; ethnic background; religion; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth, or other related medical condition; disability, including HIV-related conditions; or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to every aspect of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions.