Director of Finance and Contracts
TITLE: Director of Finance and Administration
RATE: $90,000 – $110,000 (DOE)
STATUS/SCHEDULE: Exempt, full-time (40 Hrs/wk)
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
The Director of Finance and Contracts supervises the team which carries out HYP’s finance, contracts and operations management functions. HYP has approximately 85 employees and operates on a $6.1 million annual budget. The responsibilities of this team include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all accounting functions and ensure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Monitor and operate internal controls and processes that safeguard the assets of HYP and ensure appropriate data integrity.
- Continuously improve controls, systems, policies and procedures around accounting system, including federal compliance program for budgeting, operation, and billing of federally-funded programs.
- Preparation and monitoring of HYP’s annual budget, including regular communication with HYP’s Board of Directors, Executive Management team, and Program Directors
- Prepare monthly financial statements for HYP’s Finance Committee and communicate with the Finance Committee on a regular basis to assist in their oversight functions.
- Respond to and manage multiple annual fiscal audits, including Federal A133 and various City and State Audits.
- Manage the work of the finance staff who will perform a number of basic accounting functions such as AP, AR, payroll, and bank reconciliations etc.
- Establish and monitor systems for managing 30 or more contracts and grants, including budget development, allocation of operating and personnel expenses, invoicing, revenue recognition, and fiscal grant reporting. Collaborate with grants team, project and program staff to exercise strong fiscal management.
- Budget preparation for 30 or more current contracts and grants, and all proposals for funding.
- Ensure that vendor contracts are filed and recorded.
- Support, and train, Program Directors and other staff about financial processes.
- Oversee the bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist the Executive Director and Human Resources in developing salary structures and related processes.
- The Director serves on the HYP’s Executive Management team and will staff the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Oversee maintenance of HYP’s facilities, including program sites, vehicles, information technology, and infrastructure services such as telephone and internet contracts.
- Oversee all information technology and office purchases, policies, contracts, and equipment. Coordinate organizational risk management efforts, and maintain sufficient insurance and liability coverage.
- Manage and negotiate the office lease and act as primary liaison with building management, co-tenants, and subtenants.
- Supervise IT consultants.
- Very strong background in nonprofit accounting, reporting, and contract management (government and non-government funding mix)
- Understanding QuickBooks or equivalent experience desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff and managers throughout the agency, understanding and responding to program needs
- Experience supervising accounting team toward success
- Experience in the financial implementation of the application of local, state and federal employment laws
- Strong computer literacy (Google Suite, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks)
- Experience working with a diverse workforce
This position supervises the finance team.
This position operates out of the Administrative Offices at Huckleberry Youth Programs. The position includes the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Huckleberry Youth Programs is located in San Francisco and is accessible by public transportation.
This role requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, sit or stand as necessary and climb stairs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of progressive experience in finance with at least 5 years in a senior management role
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- TB clearance
- Must pass DOJ/FBI background check
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to: 415-751-6480.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Huckleberry Youth Programs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race; color; ethnic background; religion; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth, or other related medical condition; disability, including HIV-related conditions; or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to every aspect of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions.
FAIR CHANCE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.