TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DIVISION: Huckleberry Administrative Offices
RATE: $16 – $22/Hour DOE plus full medical and dental coverage
STATUS/SCHEDULE: Nonexempt/Full-time (40 Hours/week); Occasional evening and weekend hours
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
HYP is seeking a person with high energy, the ability to multi-task and incredible attention to detail to assist with our mission. This position contains both high level and low level tasks and requires a sense of professionalism, ability to handle confidential information and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Executive Support:
- Provide administrative and project support to the Executive Director; assist in all organizational tasks as needed
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar, which includes handling all logistics for meetings and any travel plans
- Coordinate meetings with donors and dignitaries
- Prepare all expense reports for the Executive Director
- Edit reports
- Assist the Executive Director as necessary with preparation for all meetings and calls
- Assist with all meeting and call follow-up
- Board Support:
- Maintain Board roster and contact information
- Coordinate communication with the Board of Directors and send out board communications and materials
- Coordinate Board meetings and retreats, including securing locations and support logistics
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting packets
- Take minutes at Board meetings
- Manage Board Calendar
- General Support:
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct appropriately
- Use Google Suite (detailed knowledge preferred)
- Order office supplies and business cards
- Compile and reconcile credit card receipts and prepare report for A/P
- Provide coordination and planning support to staff and agency events
- Order food and supplies for staff meetings and events
- Maintain Agency Directory and email groups and lists
- Provide general administrative support to various administrative departments on occasion as requested by the Executive Director
- Coordinate all staff meetings, trainings, and all agency events
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, keep track of multiple projects, and complete assignments on schedule.
- Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff and key stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate support needs of Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills, as they arise.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in HYP’s Administrative Offices. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is not a position that allows for telecommuting. The HYP Administrative Offices are located in San Francisco and are accessible by public transportation.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary and climb stairs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree
- Three to four years of related experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One to two years of related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- TB clearance
- Must pass DOJ/FBI background check
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Huckleberry Youth Programs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race; color; ethnic background; religion; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth, or other related medical condition; disability, including HIV-related conditions; or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to every aspect of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-751-6480.