Huckleberry Youth Programs offers family and individual therapy as well as case management, groups and behavioral health classes.
We strive to provide culturally relevant, trauma-informed, high quality services in English and Spanish to youth (ages 11-21) and their families.
- Family involvement is a cornerstone of our approach. We specialize in helping families to resolve conflict in order to promote home stability, family harmony and healthy functioning. When the family system is supported, greater changes can happen for youth. During the assessment, the therapist will make recommendations about type of service and who to include in sessions.
- Brief services with big impact. We believe in providing support to youth and families that creates lasting increases in functioning and emotional wellbeing. We seek to identify goals for change that can be achieved within six months. Longer services are available when there is clinical need, mutually agreed upon goals and capacity in the program.
- Evidence-based practice. Utilizing Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS), an evidence based practice, we collect session by session feedback on client functioning and therapeutic alliance. Clinicians use ORS and SRS measures at each session. By inviting evaluative data from youth and family who are present at each session, we are able to quickly and responsively adjust treatment approaches to best serve the needs of our clients. We are able to demonstrate effective change on a client and program-wide level.
- Affordable and accessible. We are committed to creating access to affordable mental health services and no one is turned away for inability to pay. As a Medi-Cal provider site, we offer services at no fee to those with full-scope Medi-Cal. In addition, we have an adjustable sliding scale that slides to $0, depending on income and circumstances.
- High quality training and support for interns and staff. A demonstrated commitment clinical supervision and training creates a supportive learning environment which enables clinical staff to offer the best services to clients. By actively engaging in strategies to address vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue, we support staff’s ability to sustain this emotionally challenging work.
To start counseling services for yourself or your family, please call 415.621.2929.
Read more about Adelante, Huckleberry's substance abuse counseling in Marin.
Read more about Parents' Turn, Huckleberry's six-week parenting workshop in San Francisco.